Tuesday 9 June 2015

Hand drawn cactus

Good morning, friends,  followers and fellow bloggers, I hope you are all well and the weather is being kind to you.  I have had a very busy few days, starting with having my 10 year old grandaughter stay with me at the weekend. She's like a little tornado but we had fun, crafting,  horse riding and cycling to our local coastal park. Yesterday was housework, dog walking 8 dogs and meeting a friend to hand back her dog who we'd been looking after for 4 plus weeks.
So today's card is one that I have made for a floral challenge over on Docrafts. The task was to make a feminine and masculine card and seeing as all my floral images etc. are very feminine, I decided to draw my own. This had another value to it as it encouraged my grandaughter to have a go at drawing too and she produced a beautiful drawing of my artificial flower arrangement, which unfortunately she took home 😔.

I scanned and printed my drawing,  as I didn't want to use the original and then mounted onto black card.
I then used a page from an old book purchased for 10p at a second hand book shop and inked the edges with black ink.
Newsprint Card Candi was added to 2 corners and Washi tape added to the top.

I do hope you like this card and it inspires you to make a masculine floral card. If you would like a copy of my drawing,  then please email me.
Hugs and best wishes.
Lainie xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laine this is a brilliant card your drawing is amazing. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your granddaughter. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lainie great drawing and use of the washi tape.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous drawing and card.

    ReplyDelete