So you will need 2 x A4 sheets of card, patterned paper, rubber stamps, ink pad and double sided tape, as well as a paper trimmer, Hougie board or ruler and bone folder and a corner rounder.
1. Cut one A4 piece of card to 14.5 cm wide and the other piece 14.7 cm wide
3. Score each piece at 7.5 cm, turn and score at 7.5cm
4. Lay the 14.7 cm piece on top of the 14. 5 cm piece, as shown and check that the flaps meet on both pieces without overlapping, trim off a tiny slither if they do. You may also need to trim a tiny piece off the 14.7 cm piece too to ensure it fits neatly.
5. Round the corners on both pieces and set aside
6. Cut the patterned paper to 14cm square
7. Stamp your chosen design around the edges. I used the 2 swirly flourishes from the free stamp set from Creative Stamping and a Happy Birthday stamp from another set but use whatever you have or leave blank
8. Attach the 14.7 cm on top of the 14.5cm piece of card as shown with double sided tape and attach patterned paper to centre
9. Cut 4 pieces of patterned paper 6.5 cm square and stamp each piece.
10. Fold in the flaps of the base card as shown, tucking under the last flap. This will help you determine where to place your patterned pieces.
11. Once you are happy with your layout, corner round each piece adjacent to the rounded corner on the base card
12 Your card is now complete
I hope you like this little tutorial and that you have a go at making this unusual design. I think it makes a great masculine card and you could write a message on the inside too.
Thank you for visiting today and if you have any questions on this or any other projects, please feel free to ask.
Hugs Lainie xx